The following timeline has been provided by NYS regarding the transition of Common Core Standards and State Assessments
- Grades 3-8 ELA Tests aligned to Common Core
- Grades 3-8 Math Tests aligned to Common Core
- NYSENLAT aligned to Common Core
- Regents Exam in English aligned to Common Core
- Regents Exam in Algebra I aligned to Common Core
- Regents Exam in Geometry aligned to Common Core
- NYSAA in ELA and Math aligned to Common Core
- PARCC* Assessments are scheduled to be operational and are subject to adoption by the Board of Regents
- Regents Exam in Algebra II aligned to Common Core
- Grades 4, 6**, 7** & 8 Science Tests aligned to Next Generation Science Standards
- Regents Exams in Living Environment, Earth Science, Chemistry, & Physics aligned to Next Generation Science Standards
- Grades 6-8** Social Studies aligned with the 2012 CC aligned SS Standards
- Regents Exams in Global* (Possible split. If so, Global I – 2015 and Global II in 2016), & Regents Exam in US History & Government aligned with the 2012 CC aligned SS Standards
- NYSAA in SS and Science aligned to Common Core
*New York State is a governing member of the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC), which was awarded Race to the Top Assessment funds in 2010.
** Pending the availability of funding.
For more information regarding NYS timelines click here:
Exam schedules can be accessed at the following: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/apda/schedules/
At its January 2011 meeting, the Board of Regents approved the Traditional Course Pathway for High School Mathematics Courses. The New York State Education Department has decided to use Appendix A for districts to design high school mathematics courses (Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II) based on the P-12 Common Core Learning Standards for Mathematics. The first administration of the Regents Examination in Algebra I will be in June 2014. The first administration of the Regents Examination in Geometry will be in June 2014.